How to Pay an Electricity Bill Online
Electricity is something that all households need. One way to remember to make the payment is to pay your electric bill online. Here is how to set up that service.
Things You'll Need
- Email address
- Checking account or credit card for monthly payments
- Electric bill
Locate the Web site address for your phone company on your paper bill.
Register your account with their Web site by setting up a user name and password. Have your account number handy.
Look for a setting for managing your account or payment options.
Insert the remaining information, like your phone number, address, the name on the account and your email address.
Verify that the account information, like your phone number, address and your name, are correct.
Add in your credit card or checking account information.
Hit submit only once and keep a record of the reference number for your safety. Most electric companies will send a verification that the bill has been paid directly to your email address.
Log out of their Web site when you are finished.
Repeat the same steps next month!
Tips & Warnings
- Have your latest bill handy when setting this up.
- There are usually options for setting up paperless bills when paying online. Monthly bills would be sent to your email address rather than your home address.
- Once this is set up, you should be able to use this service every month. Just remember your username and password.
- Do not wait until the last minute to set up this payment option. There is often a waiting period to make sure your checking account or credit card information is accurate.
- Late fees might be applied if the payment is delayed.