How to Rotate a Laptop Display
As operating systems become more advanced, users are given more control over various aspects of their computers, including the display settings. Windows 7 includes an option that allows users to rotate the display without having to physically rotate the monitor or laptop. The screen can be rotated from the display options menu or by using the preset hot keys.
Right-click on the Desktop and click "Screen Resolution."
Click on the drop-down menu labeled "Orientation" and choose your desired screen rotation.
Click "Apply" to preview the changes. If the changes are acceptable, click "Keep changes" from the confirmation pop-up window.
Click "OK" to close the Display Settings window.
Tips & Warnings
- To rotate the display using hot keys, hold the "CTRL" and "ALT" keys and press any of the four arrow keys to rotate. This method also works with Windows Vista and Windows XP.
- CTRL+ALT+UP: Normal display
- CTRL+ALT+LEFT: 90 degree rotation
- CTRL+ALT+DOWN: 180 degree rotation
- CTRL+ALT+RIGHT: 270 degree rotation