How to Set the Time on My Logitech MX5500
You can't manually change the time and date displayed on the LCD screen of your Logitech MX5500. The date and time are automatically synchronized with your Windows 8 computer, so to change them on the MX550 you must change them in Windows. Note that the date and time are synced only if Logitech's SetPoint software is installed on the PC. SetPoint enables you to control your Logitech mice and keyboards and customize their buttons and functions. You can download the software from Logitech for free.
Installing the SetPoint Software
Open the "Logitech SetPoint" page (link in Resources) in your preferred Web browser and choose "Windows 8" from the Operating System box in the left pane.
Select the "Smart Installer" option from the other drop-down box. The Smart Installer downloads the appropriate version of the software automatically. Click "Download Software" and save the installer on your hard disk.
Double-click the installer to begin installing the software. Follow the instructions in the setup wizard to install SetPoint. You don't need to restart your computer after installing the program.
Changing the Time in Windows
Press "Windows-I" to open the PC Settings charm and then click "Time & Language." Click "Date & Time" to display all settings related to date and time.
Disable the "Set time automatically" option by moving its slider to the "Off" position if you want to change the time and date manually. If the option is enabled, your computer's time and date are automatically synchronized with the Windows time servers.
Click the "Change" button in the Change Date and Time section and then change the date and time using the "Date" and "Time" boxes. Click "Change" to apply the settings.
Close the PC Settings charm and then check the date and time on the MX5500's LCD display. It should be synchronized automatically with your computer's date and time.
Tips & Warnings
- If you choose "Full Installer" instead of "Smart Installer" on the Logitech SetPoint web page, you can use the installer to install the software offline. The installer contains all the necessary files for all Logitech products.
- The Smart Installer installs the software while downloading the necessary components in the background. You can't, however, use it to install SetPoint while offline.
- You can adjust for daylight saving time automatically by enabling the "Adjust for daylight saving time automatically" option in the Date and Time window. You can also change the time zone from the "Time zone" drop-down box.
- To change the date and time formats on your computer, click the "Change date and time formats" at the bottom of the Date and Time window.
- The time and date are automatically synchronized with the Windows time servers every seven days if the computer is connected to the Internet.
- Although you can change the date and time on the MX5500 by changing them in Windows, you can't change the date and time format.