MOM.exe is an application that monitors the performance of the computer's ATI graphics card. It's a component of the ATI Catalyst Control Center, a suite of programs used to configure and modify operation of ATI drivers and graphics hardware.
ATI Technologies, a manufacturer of graphics processors and drivers for Windows computers, was purchased by Advanced Micro Devices in 2006. Although AMD graphics processors no longer use the ATI brand name, products were released under the ATI brand name until 2010. ATI software still runs on some older Windows computers running both Windows 7 and Windows 8.
MOM.exe in the Task Manager
If you have an ATI graphics processor or graphics card installed on your PC, MOM.exe runs in the background, so it does not display in the Task Manager Applications tab. To view the MOM.exe process, open the Windows Task Manager, select the Processes tab and find MOM.exe in the process list.
If MOM.exe is not operating properly on your computer, you may see pop-up error messages and you may experience problems with your graphics performance. To resolve problems with MOM.exe, reinstall the ATI Catalyst Control Center software.
In your browser, open the AMD Drivers + Download Center. Choose one of the following methods to find and download the appropriate driver for your computer.
Video of the Day
To have the AMD website automatically determine which driver you need:
- Click the Download Now button in the Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver section of the AMD Drivers + Download Center page.
- When prompted to Run or Save autodetectutility.exe, click the Run button and follow the prompts in the program.
To manually select the drivers to download, make sure you know both your Windows operating system version and the type and model number of your ATI graphics card and then do one of the following:
- Complete Step 1 through Step 4 in the Manually Select Your Driver section of the AMD Drivers + Download Center page. Then click on the Display Results button displayed next to Step 5.
- Find your ATI graphics card model in the product list on the right side of the page, then click on your Windows operating system version.
When using either method to manually download the install program, a new page displays showing the install program. Click the Download button. When prompted to Run or Save the program, press the Save button.
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel click Uninstall a program in the Programs section.
3. Find ATI Catalyst Install Manager in the programs list and right-click on it.
4. Select Uninstall from the pop-up menu.
5. Follow the prompts to uninstall the program.
6. After the uninstall is complete, Windows prompts you to restart the computer. Press the OK button to restart your computer.
After your computer restarts:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Configuration (gear) icon in the Internet Explorer tool bar and select View downloads.
3. In the View Downloads window, click the Run button next to the ATI Catalyst Control Center installation program file.
4. An AMD Catalyst Software Installation Folder window opens and prompts you for the location to save the software installation files. Press Install and the AMD Catalyst Install Manager window opens. Follow the prompts to install the software.
5. Restart your computer.